Wednesday, December 16, 2015

December 16, 2015







(This happened a few years ago in Oregon)

So I have been having an interesting time lately ... hahah to say the least. I shared my thoughts with Monkey... well more like told him I was packing up and moving to Utah and he can join me when he is done with this madness. So I wasn't handling things very well one evening. Anyways I left and went on splits with the sister missionaries and when I got back Monkey had written me a blog. And shared a couple videos... this video really touched me.

As I finished watching it with tears rolling down my cheeks I thought, You know sometimes we prepare ourselves to make it through life. Like this man who prepared physically to win this race. But sometimes trials happen and we have to be willing and determined- no matter the pain- to keep going. And when we don't give up Heavenly Father or Jesus Christ bust through just like this man's father and helps us make it through. The pain and difficulty doesn't leave but with Christ's help we are able to continue... Until the end, when Christ lets us go and finish the race ourselves.

I am so grateful Monkey shared this with me. It gave me such a boost to keep walking even though at times I feel like I have had enough. I am so grateful for my Savior who through hard times helps carry us through.

No comments:

Post a Comment